90 Day Delinquents

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun, secret place for the 90DD to plot the actions of the Legion of Thoom, one Repo! shadowing at a time.

+2
AnnieNygma
GraverobberGroupie
6 posters

ACen Rehearsal-- IMPORTANT

GraverobberGroupie
    GraverobberGroupie
    Admin

Number of posts : 599
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

ACen Rehearsal-- IMPORTANT Empty ACen Rehearsal-- IMPORTANT

Post by GraverobberGroupie Wed May 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Okay, all... after weeks and weeks of trying to figure all this out and trying to get in touch with ACen and scheduling, etc... I still haven't gotten a straight answer on being able to have at least a two hour rehearsal in the space. As of now, we can be in the space at 11:15am on Saturday, right before the show. Obviously that does NOT give us time to rehearse. Maybe time to set up costumes and organize a bit of blocking on the big group numbers like ZA... but seriously do not plan on that being a rehearsal time. I have asked a couple of times if we can get time in the room very very early in the morning, before anything else is scheduled to take place. Like, I said, I'm still waiting to hear one way or another on this.

But, let's assume that they will say no, as I feel like that's kind of the reception I've been getting. Anyway... we're going to have to try and have some make shift rehearsal else where, either at the hotel, someone's apartment... I don't even know at this point. I know how frustrating this is for everyone, but please understand my frustration is multiplied by ten. Debbie, Rachel's mom, said she would be speaking to the scheduling people in person, so hopefully I will have some good news coming tomorrow. But for now... plan on not being in the space before 11:15 on Saturday. It seems like we're going to have to meet up super early else where, but the question is-- where?
    AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

ACen Rehearsal-- IMPORTANT Empty Re: ACen Rehearsal-- IMPORTANT

Post by AnnieNygma Thu May 13, 2010 10:54 am

Even rehearsing in the middle of a public space would be preferable to going in blind at this point. In the meetup thread, we agreed to get together at the Dennys close to the convention center before the show. We should try to do that very early, then hit the closest place possible to rehearse, so we'll be well-fed, more alert, and have more energy to practice. We can also work out as much as possible in conversation to make the physical rehearsal go faster.
    If NOTHING else, we can use the setup time we have for the group numbers and sneak off together on Friday and early Saturday to do the smaller scenes. As we've been trying for several months to hold rehearsals or meetings and nothing has come of it, that may be our best bet - rehearse in small groups in the moments you can grab and keep each other informed. If there's two of you in a room and you share a scene, at the very least talk over what you're doing. I know we're all really busy but even a five-minute conversation can help a lot, and it's certainly better than nothing at all.
    cenobitch
    cenobitch

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post by cenobitch Thu May 13, 2010 11:41 am

Since I am staying at Lesley's and her apartment is pretty spacey, I've asked her if she'd mind us rehearsing there on Friday night. She has not gotten back to me yet (just asked her a couple hours ago) and I have no idea what her answer will be, but I will keep y'all posted on her response.
    cenobitch
    cenobitch

Post by cenobitch Thu May 13, 2010 11:54 am

Ok Lesley just got back to me and her place IS A GO!! I asked her for Friday night and she said that was fine, we just need to keep the noise down a bit. She's not far off 90/94 and if anyone is taking public trans. she's right next to the Logan Square Blue line stop. What time does everyone want to meet up to rehearse?
    AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by AnnieNygma Thu May 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Afternoon or early evening would be best, here. Could do public from the convention center to her place, and back in time to catch the shuttle back to the hotel.
    cenobitch
    cenobitch

Post by cenobitch Thu May 13, 2010 3:25 pm

How about 7 for everybody?
    DmitriW
    DmitriW

Number of posts : 182
    Registration date : 2009-07-16

Post by DmitriW Thu May 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Sounds fine to me!
    Montag
    Montag

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2010-02-08

Post by Montag Fri May 14, 2010 2:14 am

We definitely need to make sure that nobody gets left out of the loop. I have Laura and Charlotte's numbers, no one else I think. Mine is 847.921.1296 (and I'm Lucas, if anyone doesn't already know). I have no idea what is going on for me and Laura on Friday other than we will be at the Hyatt by the early afternoon. I am 90% positive Laura will have her car. I just want to make sure I know what's going on! I do not know where Lesley's place is, I'll need to get directions or something, but 7pm should work fine for Laura and I, I'll run it by her in the morning.

See you all there!
    jstacko
    jstacko

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post by jstacko Fri May 14, 2010 3:16 am

I will not be there.
    cenobitch
    cenobitch

Post by cenobitch Fri May 14, 2010 10:16 am

So the forum is acting up and not letting me post ANYTHING so here are the directions for people driving:

1. Head north on Des Plaines River Rd/N River Rd toward Bryn Mawr Ave
    381 ft
    2. Take the ramp onto I-90 E
    8.6 mi
    3. Take exit 45B for Kimball Ave toward 3400 W
    0.2 mi
    4. Turn right at N Kimball Ave
    0.6 mi
    5. Turn left at W Diversey Ave
    0.3 mi
    6. Turn right at N Troy St
    Destination will be on the left

For people taking public trans get on the blue line at rosemont stop, get on the train going toward forest park, get off at logan square, make a left on schubert, make a left on troy and it's 2713.

Any questions and I'm at 630-418-1225

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:25 pm