90 Day Delinquents

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun, secret place for the 90DD to plot the actions of the Legion of Thoom, one Repo! shadowing at a time.

+5
cenobitch
Tht_newz_grl
Budgiebird
AnnieNygma
GraverobberGroupie
9 posters

MAJOR ACen issues and problems. EVERYONE read.

GraverobberGroupie
    GraverobberGroupie
    Admin

Number of posts : 599
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

MAJOR ACen issues and problems. EVERYONE read. Empty MAJOR ACen issues and problems. EVERYONE read.

Post by GraverobberGroupie Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:41 am

I know everyone is excited about the fact that we have been officially scheduled, but we have some major problems that need to be discussed now and figured out and agreed upon as a group.

Despite Shae and my efforts to impress that we needed a later performance time, there is no way that we can be scheduled at a later time. I just got an email from Debbie on Monday while I was at the airport-- apparently the schedule has been set for over a month. I was unaware of this, as I had been told it was still TBD. The evening is always devoted to some thing called Midnight Madness and anime hell or something and then the soap bubble thing. So they will not change us. I even asked about a Friday show, which is also not possible.

The problem is this-- Nicole is graduating from college on that Saturday in the afternoon. As such, she and Phil are unavailable to perform. Her whole family is going to be here for the ceremony, and I know we're all really proud of her, so it isn't even a conceivable or in anyway expected option for her to miss her own graduation.

So, here is what we need to decide, and decide quickly. Do we try and figure out new people to fill and rehearse those roles? Mary said she may be able to come to ACen, and she was going to do a Z-addict for fun. In real jam, which this is, she might be able to reprise Shilo?

Or do we have to back out? I hate backing out of something we've agreed to. However, it also doesn't feel right not having Nicole and Phil there performing with us. I have one more option of trying to ask for Friday afternoon. I was told Friday night was not an option, but maybe afternoon? We'll see.

Thoughts? This is a really serious issue.
    AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

MAJOR ACen issues and problems. EVERYONE read. Empty Re: MAJOR ACen issues and problems. EVERYONE read.

Post by AnnieNygma Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:59 am

As this is something we made a commitment to a very good while ago, I do NOT agree with backing out. That would not only leave the crew of ACEN in a lurch for programming, but reflect poorly on us, especially as we have the ability to fill these roles and give the performance we have promised.
    Of course we'd all miss having Nicole and Phil there, but as I've understood it from previous posts, how and IF they could swing coming to the show has always been in question for this very reason. I believe both roles could be filled in; Joe has always been there to understudy Nathan, and if Mary is willing then I fully support her coming back for this show.
    This is why ALL the roles need understudies, and another reason we need to work on rehearsing, ASAP.
    Budgiebird
    Budgiebird

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

MAJOR ACen issues and problems. EVERYONE read. Empty Re: MAJOR ACen issues and problems. EVERYONE read.

Post by Budgiebird Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Hey guys. Nick clued me in to this thread, so props to him.

I'm afraid I will not be able to reprise Shilo. Because of the nature of my job, while I don't think there would be many problems with me being an addict or a gentern (in both cases I can obscure my face), being a main character like Shilo could cause some problems due to the overall tone of Repo itself. Especially as such a young teacher, it's just a very problematic thing if some of my students were to come to the show, see me in the role, etc. It's the same reason why, for additional wandering-around-Acen costumes, I'm foregoing costumes I would be very interested in doing, like Harley Quinn or Lara Croft, in favor of something that shows far less skin. I'm just worried about seeing students and having this particular kind of interaction sent back to anyone else in my department. I'm really sorry, guys. What about some of the lovely extras at the last show? Might they not be able to fill in the role?
    AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Post by AnnieNygma Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:19 pm

My friend/sister Katt, the redhead who came to the October show, is willing; she is more worried about costuming and blocking, same issues we'd have with anyone else. Costumes we can swing, as we both sew, but the wig would be tricker. Two of Shilo's songs are pretty well solos, and the rest a) I can work on with her and b) can be worked out at rehearsals, as well as chatting with people online. Would this be okay with everyone?
    If not, what about Shae, Beth, Charlotte, or (and I suggest this ONLY as a last resort, if all else fails), YKYWI's or another cast's Shilo?
    Tht_newz_grl
    Tht_newz_grl

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by Tht_newz_grl Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:37 pm

I actually have recently discovered that my parents were unable to afford the tickets to fly to Chicago for my graduation, so as of the moment I don't really have anyone coming to the ceremony other than Phil. This leaves me more willing to forego the ceremony;however, it is still a tough decision for me. I have many telling me I need to do it for myself, I have others telling me it's not that big a deal (honestly, I was bored to tears for my HS grad ceremony and I performed in it, so I didn't even have to sit through the whole thing).

I am trying to decide which will be the more fulfilling event for me in the end-run. On one hand, graduating college is an achievement in my mind...on the other, this is quite likely to be mine and Phil's last chance to perform with this amazing group we have managed to become involved with...I think this would be a great way to go out for us, and I know Phil was really looking forward to it(we were even planning on getting him a custom-made Nathan "I forgot how to use buttons" sweater). However, if it could be managed to move it to Friday afternoon at all, I would really appreciate not being forced to make a decision.

So, I have a lot of heavy thinking to do, and I swear I will do it swiftly--I would very much appreciate any input anyone has to give.

On a slightly off-topic note...A friend of mine and I are putting together a "yay we're graduating" get-together (She has decided not to walk) and we had been planning it for Friday evening, but it can be moved. It's going to be at the sky lounge in the Hancock Center, I'm trying to get a possible headcount so I can make reservations. I had assumed many of you would be staying with me that weekend anyways, so I would appreciate anyone who would like to join us in a small celebration.
    cenobitch
    cenobitch

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post by cenobitch Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:42 am

Nicole, what time is your graduation that day? Is it before or after the show and would they let you leave early or come late?

Also something to consider: what I've been told (as I am graduating the weekend before) is that for the ceremony you don't actually walk. Instead you stand up by college and are simply acknowledged and don't receive your actual diploma (that comes in the mail), just the folder to put it. However, since you go to a private university and I go to a state university yours might be different. I wasn't sure what knew you about the process, so I thought I'd pass that along.

Either way though, I honestly do hope you are ultimately happy with whatever decision you make. I love you
    zydratesupport
    zydratesupport
    Admin

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by zydratesupport Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:26 pm

We'll find a Shilo. We'll find a Nathan. Everything'll work out. Always has, always will.
    DmitriW
    DmitriW

Number of posts : 182
    Registration date : 2009-07-16

Post by DmitriW Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:32 pm

While I agree with Shae's comment, we definitely need to figure this out NOW. As it stands, we have less than a month until showtime--certainly enough time to prepare a new person in a role, but that will not be true for very much longer.

Nicole, while I'd love to have you guys at the show (and, honestly, I'd much rather have you guys there than need to worry about new people taking over the role), I fully understand if you decide you'd rather be at your grad ceremony.
    jstacko
    jstacko

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post by jstacko Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:18 am

While I would love to have Nicole and Phil at the show, if they decide they cannot make it, I can easily do Repo and Nathan.
    zydratesupport
    zydratesupport
    Admin

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by zydratesupport Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 pm

jstacko wrote:While I would love to have Nicole and Phil at the show, if they decide they cannot make it, I can easily do Repo and Nathan.

Do you have costumes? That's actually my #1 concern right now. Most of us (a good 75%) have been at enough shows to be able to pull off the parts.
    jstacko
    jstacko

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post by jstacko Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:46 am

zydratesupport wrote:
    jstacko wrote:While I would love to have Nicole and Phil at the show, if they decide they cannot make it, I can easily do Repo and Nathan.

Do you have costumes? That's actually my #1 concern right now. Most of us (a good 75%) have been at enough shows to be able to pull off the parts.

I can definitely put something together for Nathan... not that it would be 100% accurate, but it would look the part.
    DmitriW
    DmitriW

Post by DmitriW Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:39 pm

We've gotta get started rehearsing very soon. When are people available to get together? My place isn't exactly central, but I'd be happy to have a meet up here.
    AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Post by AnnieNygma Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm free Sunday and Monday, and then that's all until the Thursday before ACEN. We NEED to do this instead of just talking about it. How are things looking for an on-site rehearsal?
    Also, as I understand it, Phil and Nicole WILL be at the show, which takes off a lot of our worry.
    Tht_newz_grl
    Tht_newz_grl

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2009-07-21

Post by Tht_newz_grl Sun May 02, 2010 1:34 am

Phil and I could do next friday pretty easily. Otherwise, weekends are usually best for me with the exception of a lack of ride anywhere. Next saturday might be good too, Phil is off work at 4, so we could meet anywhere thereafter.
    DmitriW
    DmitriW

Post by DmitriW Sun May 02, 2010 4:10 am

I can manage a Friday rehearsal, if only just...
    Miss_Laura
    Miss_Laura

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by Miss_Laura Sun May 02, 2010 10:21 am

next weekend isnt really good for me but i could do friday.
    GraverobberGroupie
    GraverobberGroupie
    Admin

Number of posts : 599
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by GraverobberGroupie Sun May 02, 2010 9:05 pm

I cannot do Fridays or weekends, but you guys will be fine without me. I am working on trying to set up an in space rehearsal for the morning on the show, probably early morning, so keep that in mind. I've also just decided to take the whole day off Friday if need be and I know Nicole wants to have a little graduation get together in the evening Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:07 am