90 Day Delinquents

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun, secret place for the 90DD to plot the actions of the Legion of Thoom, one Repo! shadowing at a time.

5 posters

Damaged Possession

Nazriel
    Nazriel

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Damaged Possession Empty Damaged Possession

Post by Nazriel Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:55 am

Going to be honest and straight to the point, I just received back the lent out Repo Man costume stuff which had been borrowed, and found that the Rubber Chicken had possibly been vivisected while it was away from me.

There are several slits in the "sides," i.e. holes where there were no holes before. It had been sitting in a bag for months receiving no stress, and unless it just started coming unseamed by itself some how, I am disappointed.

I will ask that if anyone plans to play around with someone else's stuff in the future, treat it kindly and return it in the condition you received it in.

If I may offer a lesson in etiquette:
    If using someone else's property normally and an accident happens, what needs to be done is inform the person what happened and be up front. Depending on the situation, replacing it for them is sometimes called for (In this instance the item cost about $9 + shipping, so I'm not upset about the value, just the principle here at this point).

Personally, I can say that I would desire a straight-up honest answer, no matter how odd or random the situation, just let me know. Lapse of judgement? Just let me know. The important thing is to acknowledge and not pretend nothing happened in hopes that it won't be noticed. Again, personally, I do not blow up at the smallest thing with others and I will not curse anyone's descendants, and I will not hold a grudge against someone who goes forth and makes amends. If an apology is made and I accept it, that's done. I don't say things that I don't mean.

Having said all of that, if in the end nobody touched the thing and it started coming apart by itself, that's fine.
    If someone was rough-housing with it, I would appreciate being informed and such activity not happening without my consent.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this. I truly appreciate being heard out.
    KikyoCat
    KikyoCat

Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2010-06-04

Damaged Possession Empty Re: Damaged Possession

Post by KikyoCat Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:00 pm

D: Aww.. I'm sorry about your stuff!

I definitely agree though o.o no one should return stuff damaged with no explanation or anything Sad
    GraverobberGroupie
    GraverobberGroupie
    Admin

Number of posts : 599
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by GraverobberGroupie Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:37 pm

I personally never handle and have never handled the rubber chicken, so I can't say when, where, or how it was damaged, although I do apologize on behalf of the cast. We still do have some cast fund money which I keep pointing out can be used to replace lost or damaged personal props, such as in this situation. People just need to let me know.

I will say, knowing our group, I sincerely doubt and hope it wasn't maliciously done. I hope it is just a case of during Thankless Job, things maybe got a bit too rough? I don't know, but please let me know the costs to replace it officially. I think we all do a good job of respecting each other's costumes and props. So, I'm sure it was an accident.
    Gearsinger
    Gearsinger
    Admin

Number of posts : 262
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by Gearsinger Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Like Naz said, the cost isn't really a thing. We had the chicken signed by Svengoolie while we were at Cyphan, so it's not really a prop anymore anyway. The issue is just that it looks like someone took a knife to the chicken. It's a little creepy and a lot disrespectful.
    jstacko
    jstacko

Number of posts : 119
    Registration date : 2009-01-30

Post by jstacko Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:39 pm

That really sucks Nick. This is the exact reason I don't use the heart that was given to me by Shae, as it is signed by TZ, DS, and Spooky.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:50 am