90 Day Delinquents

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun, secret place for the 90DD to plot the actions of the Legion of Thoom, one Repo! shadowing at a time.

+6
zydratesupport
Nazriel
cenobitch
Priss
Montag
AnnieNygma
10 posters

We're scheduled!

AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

We're scheduled! Empty We're scheduled!

Post by AnnieNygma Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:57 am

According to the panel list, we perform in the ballroom at 12 noon, Saturday.
    Repo Meetup is at 4:30 Saturday at the Dome
    There's also a Repo panel 11 PM Saturday.
    Start spreadin' the news! *insert parody of New York New York here*

http://acen.org/mobile/panels/ACen%202010%20Panel%20Schedule_4_13_2010.pdf
    Montag
    Montag

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2010-02-08

We're scheduled! Empty Re: We're scheduled!

Post by Montag Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:42 am

Great! Smile Are we all going to the meetup? Because I'll definitely go. What exactly is the REPO! panel? Is it by someone who was involved in the movie, or are shadowcasters doing it, or what?
    Priss
    Priss

Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2009-12-22

Post by Priss Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:57 pm

The panel was literally just brought to my attention only a few hours before the schedual went up so im sorry to be behind myself...x.x'' plus with being promoted in acen to department head of merchandise, I have had a LOT on my plate lately.
    cenobitch
    cenobitch

Number of posts : 115
    Registration date : 2009-07-23

Post by cenobitch Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:10 pm

Couldn't really read the PDF you had, Annie. Are we part of the panel or is that someone else entirely? Just curious is all.
    Nazriel
    Nazriel

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post by Nazriel Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:40 pm

For the PDF, it only becomes readable starting at 300%. Try zooming in if you're not seeing anything or if everything is tiny. Didn't see anything at all at first until I zoomed in once.

Sidenote: Looks like that Repo panel is going on at the same time as "Let's Play Oregon Trail (18+)."
    If I were going I'd have to check that one out.
    cenobitch
    cenobitch

Post by cenobitch Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:50 pm

But are we a part of the panel? As in are we (the cast) the people speaking and fielding questions about Repo! or is some other group of people doing that?
    zydratesupport
    zydratesupport
    Admin

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by zydratesupport Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:12 am

I was actually just going to post about this. The panel is for us, as shadowcasters, to speak about the film and shadowcasting. I don't know that I can personally be there, but whoever DOES end up fielding this panel, I can get you a copy of Necromerchant's Debt to show, and I have some ideas about structure.

Maybe have the panel start with a history of Repo as it stands (which I'm sure ALL of us know), the release of Repo, the beginning of the Shadowcasts, and then where Repo stands today, followed by questions? That's a pretty cut and dry convention panel right there, with plenty of opportunity for fun. Smile

Anyone have experience moderating convention panels before?
    Lothos
    Lothos

Number of posts : 166

Post by Lothos Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:12 am

zydratesupport wrote:I was actually just going to post about this. The panel is for us, as shadowcasters, to speak about the film and shadowcasting. I don't know that I can personally be there, but whoever DOES end up fielding this panel, I can get you a copy of Necromerchant's Debt to show, and I have some ideas about structure.

Maybe have the panel start with a history of Repo as it stands (which I'm sure ALL of us know), the release of Repo, the beginning of the Shadowcasts, and then where Repo stands today, followed by questions? That's a pretty cut and dry convention panel right there, with plenty of opportunity for fun. Smile

Anyone have experience moderating convention panels before?
    I wouldn't mind being a part of it. I'm fairly good at speaking and fielding questions when I know what I'm talking about. Though my area of expertise is Repo! as of 08. If I could be joined by someone who really knows the total history, I'd feel much more confident. I'd nominate Annie, because as far as i know, she's one of the few who know the total story. Mind you, it is up to her, and I can't speak for anyone other than myself.

But I'd be happy to speak on the "Shadowcasting" part of it.
    DmitriW
    DmitriW

Number of posts : 182
    Registration date : 2009-07-16

Post by DmitriW Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:06 am

I'd love to be part of the panel, but I haven't any experience moderating such things.
    AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Post by AnnieNygma Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 am

I'd really love to participate in the panel and believe I could head it well. I've got experience in moderating the insanity which is Repo chat, among other things. When there was a panel at about the medical aspects of the movie at InConJunction, I actually kept the topic more on the matter at hand, from the audience, than the panelists did. (They were more interested in "look, we have props! This artwork is cool!” when we had were expecting to hear geneticists talk about the medical realities of something like NOS, genetic disease, etc.) I like Shae’s outline for a panel, for sure.

The Q&A will be a big part of it, though it sounds like it should probably be geared towards shadowcasting. However, if you want history, you all know I’ve got history and love to share. Besides experience, I've got Necromerchant’s Debt, as well as some other rarer music, access to a copy of the shooting script, a boatload of notes from reading it, and MAY still have access to the first act of the stage play. Have to check on that last one.
    cenobitch
    cenobitch

Post by cenobitch Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:29 am

I would also like to be a part of the panel more specifically on the music end of things if that is a possibility.
    GraverobberGroupie
    GraverobberGroupie
    Admin

Number of posts : 599
    Registration date : 2009-01-31

Post by GraverobberGroupie Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:58 pm

The libretto is still available online, for anyone who wants to read it and hasn't yet Smile Pretty interesting.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030330125213/http://repoopera.com/tier_one/libretto_IE.asp
    AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Post by AnnieNygma Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:25 pm

GraverobberGroupie wrote:The libretto is still available online, for anyone who wants to read it and hasn't yet Smile Pretty interesting.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030330125213/http://repoopera.com/tier_one/libretto_IE.asp

Ah, sweet! I only seem to be able to find it half the time; a lot of the cool stuff that used to be available isn't there anymore. Thanks, Miranda!
    Nazriel
    Nazriel

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post by Nazriel Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:22 pm

"Wait, backslash that, a heavy metal master!! It was like "REPO MAN", then triple-dot-slam, brother, he took this girl’s heart out!!!"

Glancing through this, Shilo seems to have more developed character than in the movie. Quite lively too. heh
    GraverobberGroupie
    GraverobberGroupie
    Admin

Post by GraverobberGroupie Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:52 pm

It's obvious they had to sacrifice and cut a LOT for the film. Which is disappointing, but incredibly realistic. I'm sure the stage play was at least a couple of hours long, maybe three which is the normal standard for shows (well, it's the union maximum for Broadway shows anyway), so trying to take 2-3 hours worth of material and shove it into 90 minutes... sadly a lot lost.

I love all the cheesy techno geek speak... or keyboard samurai speak, I should say LOL
    Miss_Laura
    Miss_Laura

Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by Miss_Laura Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:54 pm

this is soo cool i'm definitely book marking it. i wish they were able to keep some of this stuff in it.
    zydratesupport
    zydratesupport
    Admin

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2009-01-28

Post by zydratesupport Mon May 03, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm glad that everyone is excited, but remember, you will only have about 50 minutes to do this presentation.
    AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Post by AnnieNygma Mon May 03, 2010 11:43 pm

zydratesupport wrote:I'm glad that everyone is excited, but remember, you will only have about 50 minutes to do this presentation.
    Content from us vs. Q&A - what are people's opinions on that? I can see it both ways.
    GraverobberGroupie
    GraverobberGroupie
    Admin

Post by GraverobberGroupie Tue May 04, 2010 12:19 am

I think the best panels are the ones where the first 30 minutes or so have content from the group or person speaking, and open the end up to questions/ Q & A, then you can have the best of both worlds. Just be concise and only stick to what is worth talking about. Repo is so much more than just a 50 minute panel, so I would recommend giving a brief history of the show, from stage to screen. Talk about the Road Tours and fan movement and how that inspired shadowcasting. Then, open it up to questions. I would avoid getting to into the plot, character analysis, the world, the music etc. Just stick to the basic basics because that's all there will be time for.
    Lothos
    Lothos

Post by Lothos Tue May 04, 2010 12:48 am

I think Miranda has the best idea. If we can get the vets of Repo! history to boil it down to a 30-35 minute presentation, that would be perfect. It's likely that the people showing up to the panel will have either seen us earlier that day, or will have seen Repo! before, so I don't think we'll get many questions about the history of it. We're more likely to get questions asking about us as a shadowcast, and our personal history.
    GraverobberGroupie
    GraverobberGroupie
    Admin

Post by GraverobberGroupie Wed May 05, 2010 2:15 pm

zydratesupport wrote:

The credit on structure goes to Shae, I was just reiterating what she said since it was a good idea and break down and I think the ideas were starting to get all over the place Very Happy
    Lothos
    Lothos

Post by Lothos Wed May 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Ah so it does. Sorry Shae! My brain is on permanent vacation right now it seems.
    AnnieNygma
    AnnieNygma

Post by AnnieNygma Wed May 05, 2010 9:46 pm

At this point, it looks like the panel will be myself, Stef, Bill, and Zach. Do you guys want to have a minor chat-up beforehand, either on AIM or at some point during the convention?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:18 am